Below are building materials and tools that we accept. To coordinate a drop off or pick up or to see if we will accept your specific material, please email ShorelineTL@SeattleREconomy.org
Please see the below list of requirements to determine if you have appropriate materials for us.
Note that we do NOT accept anything that is obviously damaged, missing pieces, needs time-intensive assembly.
For more information or to see if we will accept your donation, email us with details and photos
We are now accepting high quality, clean building materials in the following categories:
- 6 feet or longer
- We will accept some smaller pieces if the wood is high quality hard wood
- Unpainted and no nails
- Plywood must be 1/2 sheet or bigger
- We are only accepting new flooring at this time
- At least 100 sq. feet
- Working and clean door knobs, hinges, and handles
- Outlets and light switches
- Brand new work gloves and garden gloves
- Window hardware must work well
- Absolutely no cracks or chips
- Double pane glass must not have moisture between panes (no fogging)
- Frames must not have any rot or structural damage
- No hollow core doors or empty door jambs
- No twisting, rotting, holes, or obvious damage
- Brand new (never opened) cans of paint
- Unused paint brushes and rollers
- Unused paint supplies such as tape, plastic, drop cloths, etc.
- We want to be careful with lighting, so please send a picture and we can let you know
- Must be fully functional
- No older than 10 years
- No fluorescent lights
- No more than seven years old
- Fully functional with working parts
- Nothing larger than a microwave
Please check out our page about tool donations, but generally:
- We accept most tools!
- Must be fully functional with no missing parts
- No gas-powered tools
We are generally not accepting the following at this time:
- Furniture, toilets, tile, sinks, cabinets
Regardless, feel free to email us with pictures if you have something of particular value you would like to donate!