Personal Information We May Collect
We may collect the following categories of information that could identify, relate to, describe, or reasonably be linked with you or your household (“Personal Information“) through your use of our web properties and other sources. The descriptive information in the categories below is provided by way of example and without limitation.
Information we may collect in this category includes the following: your name, your email address, your IP address, and your Personal Information contained in uploaded identification documents (e.g., driver’s license, passport).
Information Capable of Being Associated with You
This category is information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual. Information we may collect in this category includes, by way of example and without limitation, the following: your phone number, your billing address, your shipping address, your payment information, and information you include in your communications with us.
Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law
Information we may collect in this category includes the following: race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and age.
Internet and Electronic Network Activity Information
Information we may collect in this category includes the following: your browsing; your clicking; your scrolling; heatmapping; your internet service provider, and non-identifying Personal Information regarding your device, operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language settings, keyboard settings, internet service provider, referring pages, and date/time stamps.
Information We may collect in this category includes, by way of example and without limitation, includes the following: your address, the location of your IP address, and internet service provider.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Information You Provide Us
We collect most of your Personal Information directly from you. This may occur when you purchase items from us, become a member at our tool libraries, use our website, or contact us through any communication channel (e.g., chats and email forms).
Cookies and Systems Monitoring
We may also collect your Personal Information through cookies on our web properties and through our IT systems monitoring such properties.
Why We Use Your Personal Information
We only use Personal Information for legally allowed reasons, which include the following:
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Performing any contracts we have with you;
- Our legitimate interests;
- A third-party’s legitimate interests; or
- You have consented.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use Your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Operate our organization and continue providing services within the scope of our nonprofit;
- Further develop, customize, expand and improve our services based on customers’, members’, and web users’ preferences, experiences, and difficulties;
- Ensure our web properties and physical properties remain secure and prevent unauthorized access;
- Provide our customers, members, and web users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
- Contact customers, members, and web users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
- Help us update, expand, and analyze our records to identify new customers and members;
- Facilitate, sponsor, and offer certain contests, events, and promotions, determine participants’ eligibility, monitor performance, contact winners, and grant prizes and benefits;
- Analyze our performance and marketing activities;
- Create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated information to improve our nonprofit services; and
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We may use you Personal Information to send you promotional content and messages by email, text message, notifications within our platform, marketing calls, and similar forms of communication.
If You do not wish to receive such promotional communications, You may stop our promotional communications by doing one of the following:
- Contacting Us through one of the methods provided in the “Contact Us” section; or
- Using the “unsubscribe” link in a promotional email or replying “STOP” to a promotional text.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We routinely share your Personal Information with the following:
- Payment service providers;
- Our third-party software providers (e.g., Google Workspace, MyTurn, Mailchimp)
- Website Hosts; and
- Third parties you have approved, such as social media sites you choose to link to you account.
Personal Information We Disclosed for a Business Purpose
In the past twelve months, We have disclosed Personal Information that falls under the categories listed in the “Personal Information we may Collect” section to our business partners for a business purpose.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Your information is stored on servers provided by Dreamhost, Stripe, PayPal, and MyTurn according to their data policies.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep Personal Information while you are customer, member, or web user. Thereafter, we shall keep you Personal Information as long as necessary to do the following:
- Respond to any questions, complaints or claims you may make or someone may make on you behalf;
- Show We treated you fairly; or
- As required by law.
We shall delete or anonymize your Personal Information once we determine retaining it is no longer necessary.
Your Rights Under the CCPA
If You are a California resident using our nonprofit’s services, the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA“) grants you the right to request access to and deletion of you Personal Information we collect about you, as well as to request that we disclose how we collect, use, and share your Personal Information.
California residents also have a right to opt-out of the sale of their Personal Information by a business and a right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of their rights under the CCPA.
No sale of Personal Information
We do not discriminate against any user for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
Right to Know
If You want to exercise Your right to know or receive a copy or access Your Personal Information that You have stored with Us, please submit a request to access Your Personal Information by following the procedures set forth in Section 14.
Right to Deletion
If you want to exercise your right to request deletion of any of your Personal Information that You have stored with us, please submit a request to access your Personal Information by following the procedures set forth in “Contact” section below.
Once we receive and verify your consumer request, we shall delete your Personal Information from our records unless an exception applies. We shall make reasonable efforts to honor your request promptly and consistent with requirements under applicable law.
Please note that permanently deleting your account erases all your Personal Information from our databases. After completing this process, any accounts you have with us shall no longer exist because we will have permanently deleted all the data.
We have implemented security measures design to protect your Personal Information. Among other things, We offer HTTPS secure access to most areas of our web properties; the transmission of sensitive payment information (such as a credit card number) through our designated purchase forms is protected by an industry standard SSL/TLS encrypted connection.
Regardless of our measures and efforts, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of your Personal Information or any other information you upload, publish or otherwise share with Us or anyone else. We encourage you to set strong passwords for your account and avoid providing us or anyone with any sensitive Personal Information which we do not require.
Updates to this Policy
How to Contact Us
- Submit an email request through the contact us page of seattlereconomy.org; or
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you contact Us, please provide enough information for us to identify you and your account.
Exercising Your Rights
If your request is related to exercising your rights, please provide us with the following in your request:
Proof of your identity and address (e.g., a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill);
A description of what right you wish to exercise; and
The information related to your request.
Verifying Your Information
We may ask for verifying information to ensure your Personal Information is not erroneously or maliciously accessed, compromised or deleted. If we collect your Personal Information to verify your identity in connection with a request under this section, We shall only use such Personal Information for verification purposes.